Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 2013--strep throat entry



January was the month of strep throat and Disneyland. Since Disney got its own bloggo-entry, I guess that makes this the strep throat entry. Talk about moments of riveting, heart-warming family life. But, hey, this is the stuff life is made of. Some weeks one too many nights of take out, applesauce for dinner, "did anyone feed the dogs?", and Peter Pan for the 100th time. Also I must say if we've watched "Peter Pam" 100 times, I have read "Goodnight Gorilla" at least a thousand (thank you Godfather Jake!).

But look! Some pictures! Of smiles and joy no less!


This is the Gentry Family Band playing their one hit called "Ada on the Keyboard, Will on the drums". The chorus continues "...daddy on the guitar, we'll all have some fun"

We love our doctors office! Strep throat is fun!

Sick pumpkin boy fell asleep like this, holding his eyes shut.
This is what my daughter looks like on a quick pharmacy run. Heels and baby Minnie to boot.
Ada and Will at their school winter concert.

...where they pretty much did this the whole time.



Our spelling bee champion. This was Ada's first "A", and by the end of the month she was spelling her whole name. She remains this proud! Her, Will, and daddy spend their post bath time at night practicing their letters and spelling on daddy's laptop.


Wills planter insert hat. A January favorite.

Will built a rock barricade at the farmers market while mom and Dana were talking the weeks veg. Who knows what Adas doing back there.

New slide move.

Times two, of course. January has been unusually chilly. We've needed to dust off our sweaters and winter caps.

Self portrait.

1 comment:

  1. I have pretty much accepted that every time they are sick, I'll be sick. Mostly because I can't resist all the smooches and hugs from them :)

    The twin slide pictures are awesome! And the Will sleepy face holding his eyes - such a sweet little pumpkin.
    And of course, diva Ada with her dress, heels, and baby at the store is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete