Oh yeah, and he definitely still wakes up 2-3 times a night :). And did I mention how much bigger this kid is than his sister?! Crazy!
Ada and Will have also had their first swim! They behave in the pool exactly how they do in the bath--Will stretches out and enjoys a lazy float, and Ada starts kicking like a wild woman, swinging her arms the second she feels herself in the water! Will is the one going places on land, Ada in the water! They are both more mobile and coordinated in and out of water. Will has developed this cute, squirmy, army-like crawl to move around. He uses his head to help worm himself forward. Ada moves around the world in circles, rolling herself from side to side. She does this like a real Houdini these days, circling herself all around in a matter of seconds. They both still love their hands, opening and closing their fists, grabbing toys, sucking thumbs, mimicking mom. Growing like a couple adorable, squeezable weeds!
We are also having a fair share of tears this week though, as I suspect both of these guys are teething. Our house is covered in drool, and they both are looking for things to gnaw. Naps therefore have been a challenge again for Ada and Will, waking up frequently in tears, needing some extra cuddle time too. Nothing more heartbreaking than an Ada frown. I swear I heard my daughter laugh though. She looked right at Will and let out chuckle-y coo today, and I looked at her and said "Ada Marie, did you just laugh?", and she looked at Will, looked at me and did it again! It melted my little heart, and didn't happen again. That's growing up for you I suppose. Sometimes uncomfortable, but mostly pretty funny. Enjoy folks!
Hi we're twins. I think they may both be right handed. Also a pretty good shot to show how much more wide chested Will is than Ada.
Nom noms, rice cereal mush!
Feed me!
Fussy girl finally passes out a la Bjorn style, while vacuuming.
Ada swimming with dad.
Photo op gardening with mom.
My mom had a great suggestion. She told me that every year on her birthday she had a picture taken with my sister and me as a special way to document our growth. This is my first mom birthday picture--Amy 29, kiddos 3months.
Happy boy
Classic Ada sleeping pose. Side roll, hands folded, feet crossed. Precious.
Dad time in the morning before work. I didn't think we had enough pictures of James without a shirt on. Or Will in his duck nighty. :)
They are so precious, and I can't believe how much they've grown. Time flies, it doesn't seem that long ago that we were carving pumpkins at your house and couldn't wait to meet these two.
ReplyDeleteReally wish I could be there to take photos of them!
Maybe on your next birthday you can brush your hair. And Ada's. (jk, you know i love you).
ReplyDeleteYou kidding?! It's a great day if I can brush my teeth before noon!! Don't ew me everyone, much better luck now keeping a toothbrush by each sink in the house! Besides on my birthday I'll go brushless if I want to!! :)
ReplyDeleteYeah right. You love having an excuse not to brush your hair. You hippy. XO!
ReplyDeletehahah I love that she just called you a hippy.
ReplyDeleteTrue true.... Peace brothers
ReplyDelete