Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 2011

 



July in Phoenix = all day in the triple digits, beginning of monsoon season, dust storms AND humidity, which = Gentry family fun indoors! We are having to get really creative during the day keeping our sanity finding fun and stimulation for Ada and Will while shielding them from the desert heat. Fun yes, sanity, not always. Especially with another week of twin fever that struck the house this month. In case you havent considered, another twinism of having twins is double the sick time! Ada spent the first half of the week feverish and miserable, only to get better by Thursday for Will to start fevers Friday! Thank you PIXAR is all I have to say to that. I can recite the movie UP in my sleep, embarrassingly. Here's some of our "keeping cool in the desert" best!

What Will looks like sick.
This is what Ada looks like sick. Notice a pair of my (clean!) underwear slung around her shoulder and her one sandal on, one off look. On a sheet from the linen closet, in the middle of the kitchen.
Feverish Ada at like 10pm. Up with Dad watching movies and eating ice cream.


Ada in a daytime feverish rage where she insisted on wearing two bibs, no shirt. And no, we were not eating!
Feeling better!
 
Self portrait. Pucker-face Ada. Her new thing when she thinks she's awesome.

Cant explain why I love this pic so. I often catch them just doing something, entertaining themselves, and I find it irresistibly adorable. *glowing with pride*
And like this one! Caught 'cha! Dancing with Pepsi.
Add an extra rinse cycle!



Ball blur. Yes, Ada is naked, mid day, on the floor, in the kitchen. Welcome to my world!


Monkeys at the zoo

"I used to be able to fit in this thing..."


Ada in Heaven. My shirt on, iPad on.

Big helpers. They love helping unload the dishwasher!


This guy especially always loves a job well done.
Also love to help me clean!
...well, mostly :)
Checking out with our friend Simone at the Children Museum's grocery. Baby Cliff needed a snack :)

technology break.

goof. with dog.
Bird seed "sandbox".
Hop in!


Lotsa books! Ada reading with "Bee" one of our favorites: Walter the Farting Dog goes on a Cruise.


Taking turns being a doggie, drinking from Tully and Tuckers actual water dish. Equally gross and hilarious.

Water play. Few things more awesome than the kitchen sink. Ada just dangling from the counter. She had pushed the chair away that was her stool. Didnt mind either. She had the sink.


Our kitchen doubles as an art studio

Some proof we are getting out of the house! Will in front of the mister at Grandma's farmers market. Curls blowing in the wind.

Love the mouth full of food and signing more. He can SAY more now, but couldnt here I guess cuz his mouth was full :)

What??? We're not getting into any trouble...grin grin.

1 comment:

  1. I love that Ada is signing "more" in the first picture while sitting in the box.

    Cute kids. And yes, pretty disgusting as well :)

    ReplyDelete